We’re past the point of no return. Videos are no longer a luxury marketing tool. They’re essential if you want to get your message across and beat the competition, and the latest corporate video statistics back that claim.
Corporate video statistics are looking GREAT
The folks at Social Barrel put together an infographic based on data gathered by Optimind. The whole thing is worth checking out. There’s all sorts of good stuff there regarding content marketing, but it’s the video data that caught my eye.
We blog here all the time about the benefits of video…
- people rather watch than read content
- video produces more social media shares
- videos keep people on websites longer
- Google loves websites with videos
- people who watch videos are more likely to buy
Well, we’re not kidding. the number continue to back that up…
- 20% of people will read text while 80% of people will watch a video with the same exact content
- videos get 267% more links than normal posts
- websites with videos keep visitors on-site 2-minutes longer then sites without them
- websites with videos are 50-times more likely to be ranked on Google’s first page
- consumers who watch video product videos are 144% more likely to add that product to their cart than someone who watches no video
What these stats mean to your business
Many business leaders are being dragged into producing videos. It’s unfamiliar, an additional cost and they’re just one more thing for the corporate to-do list. And you know what? That’s great news for you.
While your competition is dragging its feet on telling its own stories… you can do it at your company. You can take advantage of all those numbers above and put them to work for your business.
Let your competition stumble into the future while you put on your running shoes, grab a video camera and sprint ahead of them.